Making a move at this level, whether actively or tentatively, is a big decision and often requires a unique and discreet approach.
We offer a wealth of expert legal market knowledge and contacts, along with a supportive and professional service to assist you consider the options and potential moves available.
Whether you are seeking a move at equity partner level or looking for that first partnership opportunity, we can certainly assist you in preparing your profile and business plans. Having listened to your aims and ambitions we will tailor our service to meet your requirements.
So if you just wish to explore the legal market generally or are looking to pro-actively approach certain firms, why not take that first step and see how we can assist you
Confidentiality is a given. We will treat your enquiry with complete discretion and keep you fully involved and informed in the process so that you keep control. We will always seek your approval before agreeing a plan of action. You can have a chat to us in complete confidence.
For a number of reasons we will not openly advertise all roles on our website. Also with the right following and business case, we can assist in finding interested firms and additional opportunities so please contact us in confidence to assist your search. Whether top end, mid-tier or niche boutique firms we have strong links in the regions.
You might be looking to make a move because:
- The firm has changed direction
- Change of management and culture
- General management issues and conflicting management styles
- Change to levels of decision making and autonomy
- The growth of the firm has led to a change in culture
- Lack of investment in the Partner's client base which requires a better platform
- The Partner's practice area is no longer central to the firm as the firm has outgrown the clients
- Feeling undervalued and separate from the firm
- Lack of co-operation and cross-selling culture across the firm
- Particular dissatisfaction with the remuneration package
- Poor financials and profitability across the firm
- Looking to relocate and will not be commutable
- Basic economic reasons / office closure / redundancy
You can request a copy of our template which can be used to put a business case together to support a promotion or secure a future role. Some firms may have their own document. If there is an existing partner vacancy, maybe due to the firm looking at succession planning, then the following is not quite so critical. Generally speaking there are a few basic headlines which should be covered in a plan and these relate to profitability and client portability. It is always a good idea to have a good look over your contract and any restrictive covenant clauses. Although not an exhaustive list, here are some areas to consider:
- Portability of clients
- Current fee income against targets
- Fee projection
- Hourly rates charged
- Business Generation
- Geographic location
- Client conflicts
- Panel memberships and accreditations
- Notice periods and bonus payments
- Team members / resources
- Partnership entry level